The service management software you choose can make or break a business. And many businesses stick with their historic IT Service Management (ITSM) tool because it can seem like an overwhelming task to transform. But, transforming your service desk is something that needs attention, to remain a strong competitor in the industry.
At SPK, we are no exception. Our own business success is critical to enable us to successfully partner with new and existing clients. We understood the need to transform our service desk to keep ahead of the curve of established competitors, and disruptive start-ups.
Edwin Chung, Director of Engineering at SPK and Associates drove the internal project to successfully migrate our service management software to Atlassian Jira Service Management. With expert knowledge and planning, Ed and his supporting team of managers and engineers across the business were able to transform service desk software and procedures in under 4 months.
The Service Desk Improvement Opportunity
At SPK, we had identified multiple opportunities that could strengthen our business by addressing our approach to service desk activities. We identified the following opportunities by improving our service management software::
- Increasing ticket accountability and SLA awareness (Use FIFO rule when applicable)
- Maintaining consistent communication and updates
- Earning excellent customer rating scores
- Building a strong team culture that empowers decision-making and moving out of the comfort zone
- Open participation on process improvements
30% deadline efficiency increase.
Migration delivered in less than 4 months
JSM streamlined processes
In an increasingly competitive market, we know that if we didn’t strengthen our service desk approach it could:
- Generate client relationship attrition.
- Impact the business development with new clientele.
- Create the potential for lost renewals and revenue due to the level of data being supplied.
The Service Management Software Solution
All successful businesses know data creates intelligence. We wanted to utilize as much data as possible to drive our own success, which clients could also benefit from. Successful delivery would mean it would be easier for clients to collaborate with us, and we could build stronger relationships and partnerships because of this. We also wanted to showcase our team’s accomplishments through metrics and data too. In doing so, we would drive the right culture and our team were empowered for better decision making. Additionally, a strong approach to the service desk provided the opportunity to enhance our internal processes.
The service management software solution focused on:
- Successful data migration.
- How we could optimize handling Priority 1 (P1) tickets.
- Ensuring data points are tracked in Atlassian JSM.
- Enabling dashboard functionality and creating reports for client stakeholders.
Day to day there were up to 12 people at any one time working through the delivery of Atlassian Jira Service Management.
Overall, the project took roughly 4 months from start to implementation and realized value.
By successfully delivering Jira Service Management, we now have better insights into our team’s performance. Now, we can better analyze service desk metrics like the performance of our SLA backlog and reap the benefits of:
- Seeing the volume of help desk tickets, active, in progress and closed.
- Accurately advising our clients of any deviance to current SLAs.
- Identifying the volume of average emails attributed to the entire service desk caseload.
- Identifying the average time it takes our team to resolve issues.
- Identifying and unpick how much time is allocated to tasks, and drive escalations earlier.
- Identifying if demand vs output and backlog were in a healthy, and relative, state.
- Improving the quality of our collaborations both internally and externally.
In the first month of deployment, Atlassian’s Jira Service Management has already enabled a 30% improvement in meeting deadlines. By providing transparency, it allowed us to identify issues and opportunities within our own processes and empower our team with insights.
There’s a huge amount of momentum and growth in service management software. And, choosing the right software enables your business to work smoothly. In turn, this allows you to maintain client relationships by providing them with the intel they expect from established experts.
Atlassian’s Jira Service Management enables collaboration at high-velocity and seamless workflows across teams. The clever software provides data that empowers teams and business intelligence. It allows businesses to respond faster to risks before they become issues. With rich, contextual information, this service management software is created for a DevOps era. At SPK, we are thrilled to have created digital transformation for our own business which will allow us to successfully continue working with our clients globally.
If you would like Ed and his team to transform your service desk, you can contact us here.
Transforming your service desk is critical in today’s market and Atlassian Jira Service Management outshines many other service management software options. I’m thrilled that in the space of just one month since deployment, it has already improved our deadline efficiency by 30%. This is just one of the reasons why SPK are proud to be an Atlassian partner.
Get a no-obligation initial assessment
Whether you’re trying to solve technical problems, implement new technology tools and strategies, or improve efficiency, SPK and Associates can be a key part of your strategy. We can provide a free, no-obligation initial assessment on almost any technology or engineering situation. Contact us today at (888) 310-4540 or firstname.lastname@example.org.