This week we have a look at HD Tune, which analyzes and benchmarks storage devices. HD Tune can be used on either hard disk drives (HDD) or solid state drives (SSD), which allows for comparisons between these different types of devices. Here are some useful features that HD Tune can provide:
- Benchmark numbers for your computer’s storage devices.
- Ability to check both hard drives and solid state drives.
- Error detection scans for storage devices.
- Various status items for storage devices, including device temperature.
- Ability to write and store statistics for later use and comparison.
For further information, continue reading our Using HD Tune to Determine HDD or SSD How-To article. Check back and let us know about your experiences with HD Tune!