You can edit or create a copy of any of the existing viewSets shown in the image below by right clicking on the desired viewSet and making the appropriate selection:
The Edit or Copy operation will create an unpublished copy of the viewSet and then open that copy in an Edit ViewSet window:
You can use this Edit ViewSet window to make any changes you need to the viewSet copy. When you are finished you can publish this viewSet by right clicking on the unpublished copy, and selecting Publish ViewSet:
The Publish ViewSet wizard will guide you through the steps necessary to publish the viewSet. You will be prompted to confirm such properties as:
- The Name of the viewSet
- The Description
- Whether or not the viewSet is optional or Mandatory (do users have to download it or not)
- Are the users allowed to customize the viewSet to meet their own needs
- The permissions
- A list of settings, the most important of which are server.hostname and server.port. Both of these properties should be blank if you are using a separate staging and production environment locked together. If these two settings remain selected users downloading them will find themselves logging into your Staging environment by default.
- When you are done with the various settings, selecting the Finish button will publish this viewSet to the PTC Integrity server, and make it available to the users of that server.
- Contact SPK and Associates to see how we can help your organization with our ALM, PLM, and Engineering Tools Support services.
- Read our White Papers & Case Studies for examples of how SPK leverages technology to advance engineering and business for our clients.