20 Mar A Primer on How Hybrid Cloud Can Turbo Charge Your Manufacturing Enterprise
Private cloud-based solutions are scheduled to surpass traditional data centers by the year 2020. But your manufacturing organization shouldn’t wait until the end of the decade to start its cloud migration. Chances are good that your outdated infrastructure is in worse shape than you think. More importantly, the cloud offers a quick win for your manufacturing enterprise to regain a competitive advantage.
Cloud solutions offer results for manufacturing enterprises that are nearly unbelievable. Here are some figures on the success of cloud-based solutions from the American Enterprise Institute:
- A 98 percent reduction in line stoppages.
- An 86 percent reduction in on-site inventory.
- A 10 percent increase in overall productivity.
There are other cloud benefits every type of enterprise can reap rewards from, including:
- Security: Properly configured hybrid cloud solutions offer improved security over public and private cloud, as well as traditional on-premises architecture.
- Reduced Cost: Cloud solutions are pay-as-you-go, meaning you never pay for any resources you’re not actually using.
- Scalability: The cloud allows you to quickly scale up or down as needed.
- Accessibility: It doesn’t matter where in the world your employees are. They can all easily access the same data in real time.
- Integration: The future of applications and tools is in the cloud. You can easily access best-in-class business intelligence and analytics services.
- Automation: Automation is big news in the world of manufacturing. But cloud solutions allow easier automation of machine tasks from your manufacturing line to your servers.
Still, the AEI report found 85 percent of SMBs not currently leveraging digital manufacturing and design tools in the cloud due to a lack of expertise. Similarly, 60 percent of engineering organizations fear their in-house IT team isn’t up to the security challenges posed by cloud transitions.
To be clear, cloud solutions, especially hybrid cloud solutions, pose a number of challenges to organizations of all types. This is especially true of those who do not have large and highly experienced in-house IT teams. All components of your architecture have to play nice with one another. You must partition data properly due to a host of competing demands. Your in-house team might need training in proper use of new tools. That’s a lot of work, even for the best IT team.
The good news is, you don’t need an award-winning IT team to properly execute your cloud integration. SPK and Associates has decades of combined experience in helping engineering and manufacturing enterprises meet their IT needs. But don’t just take our word for it, review our latest case studies and whitepaper’s such as “How Hybrid Cloud Can Turbo Charge Your Manufacturing Enterprise.” Then let’s discuss how we can help your manufacturing organization to supercharge growth.